Importance of Medicinal Crops
Seniors Agriculture Officials View
Two day medicinal plant training camp was organized at Sunrise Organic Park located in Pinjarpol Goshala Complex. Sunrise Agriland and Development Pvt. In this camp organized by the company, farmers of 11 states received intensive training on medicinal farming. A specialist in medicinal farming, told about the techniques of farming of Aloe Vera, Stevia, shataver, Amla, safed Musali, Tulsi, and Lemon Grass. They gave comparative information about the annual cost and income of general and medicinal crops. Explaining the importance of organic farming in the country,
Attendee of this event was individuals, Co-operatives and rural farmers, Farmer Groups, SHG’s etc. Session includes market strategic, availability, future of medicinal plant, trading and export opportunities various knowledgeable information available for entrepreneur and providing all resources to make farmer to become processor, manufacturer, exporter who can make excellent quality export quality products.
Dr Gupta also explained in detail the companies that made proper procurement of produce. He conveyed to the participants farmers about the grant schemes due on behalf of the Central and State Government for medicinal and organic farming. He also conducted field visits of medicinal crops in the organic park. During this, Dr. Athar Singh, Deputy Director, Horticulture Department told about departmental schemes. At the same time, Dr. Inder Kumar Jain, Member Secretary, Rajasthan Medicinal Plant Board informed about government schemes payable for marketing, storage of medicinal crops.
OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING PROGRAM:-
- The complete information about commercial cultivation of Stevia, Moringa, Safed Musali, Aloevera, Kali Haldi, Shatavari, Chia, Lemongrass Neem , Ashwagandha, Amla, Polius, Palmarosa, Cintronella, Bhui Amla, Bhringraj, Ram Tulsi, Shyam Tulsi, Van Tulsi, Gudmar, Aparajita and Giloy cultivation.
- Before starting cultivation what parameters has to be taken?
- Include field level primary processing /value addition activities.
- Converting your business into small scale industries?
- On what parameters/standard Medicinal cultivation done?
- Marketing aspects & services?
- Profit percentage from single buyer and how much it is effective?
- Guarantee of Buy back guarantor?
- Certified plant saplings and seeds, surety of certification and standardization of material?
- How can you choose any medicinal plants according to your place climate, Land soil and water availability?
- List of Government certified & approved Herbal plants?
- Climatically conditions, environmental improvement and soil improvement.
- Employment to unemployed people?
- Promotions of Herbal plants according to Government Schemes?
- Medicinal farming through organic preparation?
- Cultivation of Medicinal plants with minimum water level?
- Safety about climatic diseases in Medicinal Herbs?
- How to prepare nursery of Medicinal plants?
- Subsidy from Central and State Government?
- Formalities for Organic Certification?
- Government Subsidies.
VISIT INCLUDES DURING TRAINING SESSION:-
- Asia's one of the best handmade Vermicompost processing unit.
- Farm Visit
- All crops farm visit and technical knowledge about sowing, harvesting, marketing and export.
- Moringa, Stevia, Shatavari, Safed Musali,Lemongrass farm visit.
- Intercropping System.
- Units of Cow Dung Wood Making, Cow Gamla Making.
- Display of Organic Sunrise Products.
- Handmade Mitti pots display.